1st of Dhul-Hijjah 1440 will be Friday, August 2nd. The moon was sighted by our contacts in multiple locations including Garland, TX. San Diego, CA and Los Angeles, CA. Therefore Dhul-Qadah will complete 29 days and Dhul-Hijjah will begin at Maghrib on Thursday, August 1st, 2019.
We would like to wish everyone an early Eid ul Adha Mubarak!
- Yaumul Arafah (9th Dhul-Hijjah) – Saturday, August 10th
- Eid-ul-Adha (10th Dhul-Hijjah) – Sunday, August 11, 2019
- There will be only one Eid Prayer at 9:00 am
| Important Reminders about Rules for Qurbani:|
Significance of the First Ten Days of Zul Hijjah Allah, ta’ala, has taken oath of ten nights in Surah Al-Fajr. According to the majority of the commentators of Qur’ãn, the nights are those of the (first) ten days of Zul Hijjah. Abdullah Ibn ‘Abbãs radiyallahu anhu related that the Prophetsallalahu alayhi wasallam said, “Good deeds performed on other days are not superior to those performed on these (first ten days of Zul Hijjah).” The Companions radiyallahu anhuminquired, “Not even Jihãd?” He replied, “Not even jihãd, except for that person who goes out putting himself and his wealth in danger and does not return with anything.”(Bukhãri) Abdullah Ibn ‘Abbãs radiyallahu anhu narrated that Rasoolullahsallalahu alayhi wasallam said, “On no other days are good deeds more liked by Allah than on these ten days (i.e. The first ten days of Zul Hijjah).” Abu Hurayrah radiyallahu anhu related that Rasoolullah sallalahu alayhi wasallam said, “On no days is the worship of Allah desired more than in the (first) ten days of Zul Hijjah. The fast of each of these days is equal to the fast of a whole year, and the worship of each of these nights is equal to the worship of Laylatul Qadr.” (Tirmizhi, Ibn Mãjah) The mother of the believers, Hafsah radiyallahu anhaa reports that Rasoolullah sallalahu alayhi wasallamused to fast the (first) nine days of Zul Hijjah. (Nasã’ee, Ahmad, Aboo Dãwood) Abdullah Ibn ‘Umar radiyallahu anhu related that Rasoolullahsallalahu alayhi wasallam said, “No days are as weighty with Allah and so liked by Him for good deeds than the first ten days of Zul Hijjah. So on these days increasingly read Subhãnallah, Lã ilãha illallãh, Alhamdulillah and Allahu Akbar.”(Musnad Ahmad) 1. Recite the Takbeerat of Tashreeq aloud 1 time after every salah beginning at Fajr on 9 Zhul Hijjah until Asr on 13 Zhul Hijjah. اَللهُ أَكْبَرُ اللهُ أَكْبَرُ لآإلهَ إلَّا اللهُ وَاللهُ أَكْبَرُ اللهُ أَكْبَرُ وَلِلّٰهِ الْحَمْد
[SEE BELOW] 2. The Messenger of Allah (s) said: “Fast the Day of Arafah, for indeed I anticipate that Allah will forgive (the sins) of the year after it, and the year before it.” (Tirmizhi, 749)
3. The Night of Eid is very valuable in the eyes of Allah, as the Prophet (s) says, “Whoever spends the nights of the two ‘Eid in praying voluntary prayers, seeking reward from Allah, his heart will not die on the Day when hearts will die.” (Ibn Majah, 1854)
4. The most important action on Eid al-Adha day is Qurbani (Ud’hiya). Allah’s Messenger (s) says, “The son of Adam does not do any deed on the Day of Sacrifice that is dearer to Allah than performing qurbani (ud’hiya). It will come on the Day of Resurrection with its horns and cloven hoofs and hair. Its blood is accepted by Allah before it reaches the ground. So be content when you do it.” (Ibn Majah, 3246)
5. The following acts are sunnah on the day of Eid al-Adha:
1. To wake up early in the morning.
2. To clean one’s teeth with a miswak or brush
3. To take bath.
4. To put on one’s best available clothes.
5. To use perfume.
6. Not to eat before the Eid prayer.
7. To recite the Takbir of Tashriq in a loud voice while going to the Eid prayer.
6. It is preferable not to cut the nails or hair (on any part of the body) in the first Ten Days of Zhul Hijjah, if one intends to perform Qurbani (Ud’hiya).
Islamic Center of Medford Coram
15 Lee Lane
Medford, NY 11763
Phone: 631-801-2002, 718-614-4452